International Prep School: A new path to German universities
Thanks to its first-class education system, Germany is an attractive place to study for many young people from all over the world. However, entering German higher education may prove difficult as higher-education institutions do not always recognize certificates obtained at foreign schools and universities due to the great differences existing between the educational systems in Germany and other countries.
International students whose high-school certificates are not recognized as equivalent to the German high school diploma are required to attend a one-year preparatory course (German Studienkolleg) and to pass the official assessment test for university entrance in Germany (Feststellungsprüfung). However, admission to state Studienkollegs is strongly limited, making it difficult for international students to obtain a place.
Enter German universities with IPS
F+U Academy of Languages now offers a new university pathway programme to enable international students to obtain the necessary qualifications for further study in Germany: the International Prep School (IPS).
IPS is a comprehensive preparation course and has the same function as a Studienkolleg. A cooperative project between F+U Academy of Languages and HWTK University of Applied Sciences, IPS can be attended by students who are planning to study a business-related degree programme at one of Germany’s universities of applied sciences. Students who pass the Feststellungsprüfung are guaranteed admission to a degree programme at the HWTK, such as Business Administration, Business Informatics or Industrial Engineering, but are also free to apply at any other university of applied sciences in Germany.
IPS is suitable for international students
- whose high-school certificates are not recognized as equivalent to German high-school diplomas
- who wish to study a business-related degree programme
- who wish to study at a university of applied sciences in Germany
The 36-week preparatory course boasts a strong curriculum focusing on German and English language trainings, mathematics, informatics as well as business administration and economics, thereby providing a sound preparation which will enable students to complete their degree programme quickly and successfully.
Starting twice a year in September and February, the course will be held at the newly-built F+U campus in Heidelberg. The next course will start in September 2016 and includes a total of 40 teaching units per week. For more information on IPS and HWTK, visit http://en.hwtk.de/ibs/ips.
IPS benefits at a glance:
- a thorough preparation for prospective students of business-related programmes
- highly-qualified teachers with academic qualifications in their field who are experienced in exam-preparatory courses and demonstrate a high level of intercultural competence
- small groups of no more than 24 students
- guaranteed admission to one of HWTK’s business degree programmes
- a modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
- the opportunity to acquire German and English language skills prior to starting the preparatory course
- accommodation in one of F+U's student residences or in one of F+U’s carefully selected host families
Prices for tuition and accommodation:
1 Accomodation rates are based on a room in price category I. For further price categories and accommodation in Heidelberg, see here.
Get in touch for further information:
Phone: +49 (0)6221 9120-35
Fax: +49 (0)6221 23452
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.